Craft Beer has become very popular in recent years among many people, especially millennials, and has seen a surge in the markets with this increased demand.
Craft Beer has been described as beer produced by small-scale breweries with limited output per year. These breweries usually consist of a team of close-knit family members or a husband-and-wife duo who are directly involved in the entire operation of the brewery. These breweries concentrate on quality rather than quantity, which is why Craft Beer is extremely flavourful, making it a popular choice among beer lovers. Craft Beer in London and other parts of the UK is constantly evolving and brewers are refining their recipes all the time to improve and enhance them. The ingredients used for making Craft Beer is handpicked and includes all-natural ingredients.
A brewery making Craft Beer is usually categorised by the following:
· Size – They are small-scale breweries producing a limited output per year.
· Taste – They produce beer that has a bolder, richer flavour.
· Independent – These breweries are independent and not a part of any large-scale beer producing company.
· Branding – Very graphic artistry and eye-catching designs on the bottles and merchandise make them easy to recognise.
A Craft Beer brewer’s main focus is on creating a unique and flavourful experience for beer lovers, and not much on making profits, or marketing and management, unlike the large-scale breweries. Hence, they create their product with a lot of passion for what they do, and a great amount of love for their product. This is why Craft Beer is of such high quality, unlike the mass-produced beers that you find today.
Craft Beer producers use traditional methods, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t innovate and improve, because they do, improving their operations all the time with new methods and techniques, yet still keeping to the high quality standards expected of them.
So, why is Craft Beer so popular among the beer drinking public? Here’s why:
– It gives you a bigger kick – The average alcohol content of Craft Beer is 5-10%, however some of the more popular Craft Beers have an average alcohol volume that goes as high as 40%. In comparison to mass-produced beer which have a very low alcohol level, sometimes going as low as 2%, you can get a bigger kick from Craft Beer for the money that you spend.
– Superior taste – Craft Beer brewers are famed for providing beer lovers with an experience like no other, with flavours to suit anyone’s individual taste. From bitters to sours, to much milder flavours with a hint of sweetness, there is a Craft Beer out there for everyone, unlike the mass-produced beers where you have to make do with whatever there is. In addition, many Craft Beer brewers experiment with combinations of flavours creating their own unique and tasty beer.
– It has health benefits – Craft Beer has many health benefits, if consumed in moderation, such as,
· Lowers the risk of Cardiovascular diseases.
· Lowers the risk of diseases such as Arthritis.
· Improves bone density and reduces the risk of Osteoporosis and other similar diseases due to its Silicon content.
· Lowers Cholesterol due to increased levels of HDL.
· Lowers the risk of getting certain types of Diabetes.
– A Craft Beer for every season – Most Craft Beer drinkers select their type of drink according to the season, and to this extent there is a Craft Beer out there for every season and every mood.
– Craft Beer helps your local community – Unlike with large corporations where the profits are shared by the company’s top executives, Craft Beer is made by small breweries and people in your own community. When you buy a Craft Beer you are contributing back towards your community.
– Better ingredients – The small level breweries who make Craft Beeruse very high-quality ingredients that are hand-picked by them, and most of these are fresh, organically grown ingredients.
– Environmentally friendly – Craft Beer manufacturers follow environmentally sustainable practices such as composting and alternate sources of energy for their production.
With so many different types and flavours of Craft Beer around, they make the ideal drink to pair with your favourite food.
The next time you feel like downing a beer to rest and unwind after a stressful day, reach out for a Craft Beer. Not available everywhere? No problem! There are many companies that provide beer delivery to your doorstep, so whenever you want to taste a flavourful Craft Beer, simply search online for ‘Craft Beer near me’, place your order and wait for it to be brought right to you.